Beardsley Architects + Engineers is seeking an Architectural Designer with 3-5 years-experience and knowledge of Revit to join our Architectural Design Team in our Auburn, Syracuse, or Albany, NY offices. Candidates must be able to prepare clear, complete and accurate drawings and other project documents utilizing knowledge of architectural drafting practices, BIM technology, building materials, equipment, construction technology and mathematics.
We are looking for team members with the minimum following qualifications:
- First professional degree in Architecture (B-Arch or M-Arch) from four or five-year college with an accredited program for licensure, or a non-professional degree in Architecture (BS in Architecture) from a four-year college, or an Associate’s Degree (A.A.S.) in Architectural Technology from a two-year college.
- Three to five (3-5) years of experience working for an Architectural design firm,
- Knowledge and proficiency with Revit and AutoCAD software to develop architectural designs,
- Strong graphic skills required, with hand drawing/sketching a plus.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Applicants shall be a US Citizen and security background checks may be necessary based on client requirements.
Responsibilities of the position are expected to include:
- Performing basic Architectural design tasks.
- Assisting in detailed documentation and observations of existing project conditions.
- Assisting in development of Revit models using existing documentation, plans, and surveys.
- Utilizing Revit to create plans, details, schedules and other documents under the guidance of Architects and Project Managers.
- Performing material quantity take-offs and assists with project estimates.
- Developing an awareness of Codes and design standards.
- Enrolling and participating locally in American Institute of Architects or allied professional organizations.
Beardsley offers a competitive compensation and benefits package, including 401K with employer match, health insurance and continuing education reimbursements. This position offers excellent career growth and advancement potential for the selected candidate including firm stock ownership opportunities and associated benefits. Resumes are being sought for our Auburn, Syracuse or Albany, NY locations.
Beardsley is an equal opportunity employer. If you are interested in pursuing this position, please submit your cover letter and resume to email@example.com.