Beardsley Architects + Engineers is seeking a Civil Engineer I to join our Site Design Team in our Syracuse Office. Project assignments involve site planning and building development, roadway design, site utilities, wastewater treatment, stormwater management and environmental permitting. Strong technical and written communication skills are required. Candidates must be able to prepare clear, complete and accurate drawings, specifications and other project documents utilizing knowledge of engineering drafting practices, CADD technology, building materials, equipment, construction technology and mathematics.
We are looking for team members with the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree (B.S.) in Engineering with a focus on a Civil Engineering curriculum or ABET accredited Construction Technology program or equivalent education.
- 0-3 years of project related experience in site civil engineering design.
- Knowledge and proficiency with AutoCAD software to develop civil engineering designs.
- Participation in development program for Engineering License is required.
- Application to NCEES to take Fundamentals of Engineering (FE) exam is anticipated with FE required within 2 years.
- Possesses strong interpersonal and communication skills and will bring a team player mindset to the firm.
Responsibilities of the position include:
- Assisting in detailed measure-ups and observations of existing project conditions.
- Utilizing CADD equipment and software to create plans, details, schedules and other documents under the guidance of Sr. Designers or Engineers,
- Providing coordination with the architectural, structural and MEP teams.
- Resolving technical/design issues to maintain plan progress and quality control.
- Assisting in development of project specifications and other documents.
- Performing material quantity take-offs and assists with unit pricing for project estimates.
- Assisting in review of construction period submittals.
- Conducting periodic on-site observation of work during construction to monitor compliance with Construction Documents.
- Maintains up to date knowledge of Codes and Design Standards.
- Participates in mentoring program with goal of achieving Engineer in Training certification and Professional Engineer licensure.
- Enrolls and participates locally in professional organizations for engineering discipline.
- Involved in outreach activities with community service organizations.