Beardsley Architects + Engineers is seeking an Electrical Engineer I with 0-3 years-experience and knowledge of Revit and AutoCAD to join our Mechanical, Electrical and Plumbing Design Team. Candidates must be able to prepare clear, complete and accurate drawings, specifications and other project documents utilizing knowledge of engineering drafting practices, CADD technology, building materials, equipment, construction technology and mathematics.
We are looking for team members with the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree (B.S.) in Electrical Engineering or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Working knowledge of Revit and AutoCAD software to develop electrical designs is preferred.
Responsibilities of the position include:
- Assisting in detailed measure-ups and observations of existing project conditions.
- Utilizing CADD equipment and software to create plans, details, schedules and other documents under the guidance of Sr. Designers, Architects or Engineers.
- Developing Revit models using existing documentation, plans and surveys and providing guidance and direction to MEP project team.
- Providing BIM coordination with the architectural and structural team.
- Resolving technical/design issues to maintain plan progress and quality control.
- Assisting in development of project specifications and other documents.
- Performing material quantity take-offs and assists with unit pricing for project estimates.
- Assisting in review of construction period submittals.
- Conducting periodic on-site observation of work during construction to monitor compliance with Construction Documents.
- Enrolls and participates locally in professional organization for engineering discipline (ie: IES, NSPE, IEEE, etc.).
Beardsley offers a competitive compensation and benefits package, including 401K with employer match, health insurance and continuing educational reimbursement. This position offers excellent career growth and advancement potential for the selected candidate. Resumes are being sought for our Auburn NY location.
Beardsley is an equal opportunity employer. If you are interested in pursuing this position, please submit your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.