Beardsley Architects + Engineers is a full-service firm providing professional design services to public and private sector clients across central and northern New York. Acting in partnership with our clients, Beardsley’s highly skilled staff delivers quality projects while promoting community and environmental benefits.
Since our founding in 1898, Beardsley Architects + Engineers has provided comprehensive design services for multiple markets including; federal, state and local governments, K-12 and higher education, commercial development and housing from our offices in Auburn, Syracuse and Malone, NY.
Beardsley Architects + Engineers is seeking a Mechanical (HVAC) Engineer to join our Building Systems Team. Candidates must be able to prepare clear, complete and accurate drawings, specifications and other project documents utilizing knowledge of engineering drafting practices, CADD technology, building materials, equipment, construction technology and mathematics.
We are looking for team members with the following qualifications:
- A Minimum 5 years’ experience working in the Architecture/Engineering profession in Mechanical (HVAC) design.
- Bachelor’s degree (B.S.) in Mechanical Engineering or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Applicant must be authorized to work in the United States and a U.S. Citizen to be considered for the position.
- Working knowledge of Revit and AutoCAD software to develop Mechanical HVAC designs is required.
- Working knowledge of International Building Code is required.
- Licensed Professional Engineer (PE) NYS is preferred, EIT with participation in development program for Engineering License is required.
Responsibilities of the position include:
- Designing complete components of building mechanical HVAC designs.
- Evaluating existing project conditions and overseeing project measure-ups.
- Consulting with Client to determine objective and resources of the project.
- Conducting code analysis and compliance with project designs.
- Developing project in specific regard to engineering scope of work, budget and schedule.
- Developing Revit models using existing documentation, plans and surveys and coordinating with other project team members.
- Preparing Engineering Contract Documents and calculations utilizing CADD equipment and HVAC design software.
- Selecting materials, equipment and other components.
- Performing technical and coordination checking of project documents.
- Developing project specifications and other documents.
- Performing material quantity take-offs and preparing project estimates.
- Assisting Mechanical Team Leader in development of Design Standards.
- Maintaining knowledge of current Mechanical codes and standards.
- Reviewing construction period submittals.
- Conducting periodic on-site observation of work during construction to monitor compliance with Construction Documents.
Beardsley offers a competitive compensation and benefits package, including 401K with employer match, health insurance and continuing educational reimbursement. This position offers excellent career growth and advancement potential for the selected candidate. Resumes are being sought for our Auburn and Syracuse NY locations.
Beardsley is an equal opportunity employer. If you are interested in pursuing this position, please submit your cover letter and resume to email@example.com.