Beardsley Architects + Engineers is seeking a Mechanical (HVAC) Engineer to join our Building Systems Team. Candidates must be able to prepare clear, complete and accurate drawings, specifications and other project documents utilizing knowledge of engineering drafting practices, CADD technology, building materials, equipment, construction technology and mathematics.
We are looking for team members with the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree (B.S.) in Engineering with a focus on a Mechanical Engineering curriculum, or ABET-accredited Construction Technology program.
- 3-10 years-experience working in the Architecture/Engineering profession in Mechanical (HVAC) design.
- Experience with Revit and AutoCAD software to develop Mechanical HVAC designs is required.
- PE in NYS is preferred, EIT with participation in development program for Engineering License is required.
Responsibilities of the position include:
- Assisting in detailed measure-ups and observations of existing project conditions.
- Performing assigned components of building mechanical HVAC designs.
- Preparing Engineering Contract Documents and calculations utilizing CADD equipment and HVAC design software.
- Assisting in the selection of materials, equipment and other components.
- Developing Revit models using existing documentation, plans and surveys and coordinating with other project team members.
- Resolving technical/design issues to maintain plan progress and quality control.
- Assisting in development of project specifications and other documents.
- Performing material quantity take-offs and preparation of project estimates.
- Assisting Mechanical Team Leader in development of Design Standards.
- Maintaining knowledge of current Mechanical codes and standards.
- Assisting in review of construction period submittals.
- Conducting periodic on-site observation of work during construction to monitor compliance with Construction Documents.
Beardsley offers a competitive compensation and benefits package, including 401K with employer match, health insurance and continuing educational reimbursement. This position offers excellent career growth and advancement potential for the selected candidate. Resumes are being sought for our Auburn and Syracuse NY locations.
To apply for this position at Beardsley, please submit your resume to: email@example.com