Beardsley Architects + Engineers is seeking a Project Designer with a minimum of 5-years’ experience and knowledge of Revit design software to join our Architectural Design Team in our Albany, NY office. The desired candidate will have experience in Architectural design, programming, sketching, and rendering. Candidates must be able to prepare clear, complete, and accurate drawings, specifications and other project documents utilizing knowledge of architectural drafting practices, BIM technology, building materials, equipment, construction technology, and mathematics.
We are looking for a team member with the following minimum qualifications:
- A first professional degree in Architecture (B-Arch or M-Arch) from a four or five-year college with an accredited program for licensure, or a non-professional degree in Architecture (BS in Architecture) from a four-year college.
- A minimum of five (5) years of experience working for an architectural design firm is required.
- Knowledge and proficiency with Revit and AutoCAD software to develop architectural designs is required.
- Strong graphic skills are required, with hand drawing/sketching a plus.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required.
Responsibilities of the position are expected to include:
- Assigned components of project architectural design.
- Assisting in detailed documentation and observations of existing project conditions.
- Developing Revit models using existing documentation, plans, and surveys.
- Utilizing Revit and CADD technology to create plans, details, schedules, and other documents under the guidance of Architects and Project Managers
- Assisting in development of project specifications and other documents.
- Performing material quantity take-offs and assisting with unit pricing for project estimates.
- Assisting in review of construction period submittals.
- Maintaining up-to-date knowledge of Building Codes and design standards; and
- Enrolling and participating in locally in American Institute of Architects or allied professional organizations as appropriate.
Beardsley offers a competitive compensation and benefits package, including 401K with employer match, health insurance, and continuing education reimbursements. This position offers excellent career growth and advancement potential for the selected candidate. Resumes are being sought for our Albany, NY location.
Beardsley is an equal opportunity employer. If you are interested in pursuing this position, please submit your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.