Beardsley Architects + Engineers is a 122-year-old, employee-owned, full-service Design Firm with the spirit of a startup, and we are seeking energetic candidates to join our Site Development group in the Central New York Area. Passion for design, client service, and excellent teamwork and communication skills are essential and we offer a flexible and family-friendly business culture and immediate opportunities for advancement.
Typical project types include site development for multi-family housing, parks and recreation, waterfront improvements, State and Federal Government facilities, industrial and manufacturing facilities, higher education, and commercial project types. Beardsley and our Employees thrive when we have a strong collaboration between our internal design disciplines, external consultants, construction partners, and of course our Clients and we put a premium on soft skills and personality characteristics that contribute to that objective.
We are looking for team members with the following qualifications:
- BS in Engineering with a Civil focus.
- Minimum of 5-years of related experience and NYS PE Licensure (or ability to obtain) preferred.
- Proficiency with AutoCAD/Civil 3D, Pondpack/HydroCAD, MS Office suite, and other common industry software is required.
- Excellent written, graphic and verbal communication skills.
- Applicants shall be a US Citizen and security background checks may be necessary based on client requirements.
Typical job responsibilities include:
- Client consultation.
- Site reconnaissance/research, coordination of survey and geotechnical services.
- Preparation of construction drawings, specifications, cost estimates.
- Bidding and construction period support including site visits, submittal and RFI review, and similar tasks.
- Preparation of site plan review submissions, permit applications, due diligence investigations.
- Pavement design, stormwater management analysis and design, grading design, utility design, and other common tasks.
- Additional duties may include marketing and business development, project management assistance, professional development, proposal preparation, and other business-related functions.
Beardsley offers a competitive compensation and benefits package, including 401K with employer match, health insurance and continuing educational reimbursement. This position offers excellent career growth and advancement potential for the selected candidate including firm stock ownership opportunities and associated benefits.
Beardsley is an equal opportunity employer. If you are interested in pursuing this position, please submit your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications will be collected and reviewed in the month of September with a short list of candidates and interviews thereafter.