Beardsley Architects + Engineers is seeking a Jr. Project Designer with 0-3 years-experience and knowledge of Revit to join our Architectural Design Team in our Albany, NY office. Candidates must be able to prepare clear, complete, and accurate drawings and other project documents utilizing knowledge of architectural drafting practices, BIM technology, building materials, equipment, construction technology and mathematics.
We are looking for team members with the minimum following qualifications:
- First professional degree in Architecture (B-Arch or M-Arch) from four or five-year college in accredited program for NYS licensing, or a non-professional degree in Architecture (BS in Architecture) from a four-year college,
- One to three 1-3 years of experience working for an Architectural design firm,
- Knowledge of Revit software to develop architectural designs,
- Strong graphic skills required, with hand drawing/sketching as a plus, and
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Responsibilities of the position are expected to include:
- Performing basic Architectural design tasks.
- Assisting in detailed documentation and observations of existing project conditions.
- Assisting in development of Revit models using existing documentation, plans, and surveys.
- Utilizing Revit to create plans, details, schedules, and other documents under the guidance of Architects and Project Managers.
- Performing material quantity take-offs and assists with unit pricing for project estimates.
- Developing an awareness of Codes and design standards; and
- Enrolling and participating locally in American Institute of Architects or allied professional organizations.
Beardsley offers a competitive compensation and benefits package, including 401K with employer match, health insurance and continuing education reimbursements. This position offers excellent career growth and advancement potential for the selected candidate. Resumes are being sought for our Albany, NY location.
Beardsley is an equal opportunity employer. If you are interested in pursuing this position, please submit your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.